- Gear List
This is a very high success and high quality Stone Sheep Hunting Adventure in one of the most remote hunt areas of Northern British Columbia, Canada. Our hunt is backpack style, with 1 or 2 packers plus the main guide, per every hunter. Both wheeled and float planes are used to access and the hunt areas. Hunters need to be ready to sleep in a tent and have a real mountain adventure hunt. We been nearly 100% kill and 100% opportunity for many years, and we take far fewer rams each season than our legal quota allows, offering clients, quality that is unmatched. The average age of the rams is usually 10 years old with a high ram to ewe ratio. These are high-adventure mountain sheep hunts for one of the world's finest trophies. Many hunters will have the opportunity to add a goat or caribou on trophy fee to their stone sheep hunt.
- Species: Stone Sheep
- Average Classification: 150 - 170
- Shot Opportunity: 95
- Weapon: Rifle
- Hunt Catalog #: RBBC016-1
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
10 yr old average rams. About 1 in every 10 rams is near the 170 B and C score level.
This is a mountain hunt and hunters should be have a medium weight precision hunting rifle, capable of shooting to 500 or 600 yards. Most shots will be 200-400 yards though. 6.5 to 7mm are the most popular calibers.
August 01, 2020 - September 15, 2022
- Special Deal: $52,500.00
Charter fee $1780 Hunting license $250 Sheep tag $620 Hunter conservation fee $450 Goat Tag option $350 Wolf Tag $50 5% GST Tags
Northern, British Columbia, Canada
Deposit 80% refundable 1 year prior to hunt date. 40% refundable 6 months prior to hunt date. No refunds under 6 months of the hunt date.
A stone sheep hunt with this outfitter is a true mountain hunting adventure. From the remote main lodge, you'll be flown to an even more remote hunt location for the duration of your hunt. The remoteness of the area and the ability to charter multiple trips with light loads allows us to land in places that resident hunters cannot access. From there, you'll pursue sheep on a backpack hunting adventure that you'll never forget. Of the four North American sheep, stone sheep present one of the toughest challenges. Stone sheep are extremely well camouflaged with their environment and can become almost invisible to the eye. Stone sheep rams also stay in small bachelor groups. Their ability to navigate steep cliffs and ledges creates an epic challenge for any hunter. This stone sheep hunt is 12 hunting days plus travel and hunter placement. Sunters have the option to add other species to their hunt. A stone sheep ram will remain priority when adding other species The area is carefully managed for older rams and high quality hunting experience. The outfitter takes a very limited number of hunters each year. If you are interested in a stone sheep hunt, we recommend booking well in advance.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Cabin/Lodge?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Base camp is a cabin/wooden buildings. Spike camps are 1 or 2 man backpack tents/person.
- Menu & Food: Backpack Food?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
Base camp is home cooked meals. Spike camps are mountain house or similar freeze dried food, jerky, trail mix, energy bars, oatmeal, snacks.
- Physical Conditions: Extreme Back Country?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
This is a backpack hunt and hunters need a 5500-7500 Cu inch backpack. All hunts have 1 guide plus 1 or 2 assistant guides/packers.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Float or wheel plane from base camp to spike camp. Then backpack.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
This is a backpack style hunt. Client needs a 5500 to 7500 Cu inch backpack, precise mountain hunting rifle, rangefinding binoculars and all the normal items needed for a backpack hunt.
What Outfitter Provides
- backpack stove
- backpack tent
- Spotting Scope/tripod
What to Bring
- ❏ Underwear (1 pair per day) ❏ Base Layer Top and Bottom (2 – 3 pairs per week) *we suggest merino wool ❏ Lightweight Camo Jacket ❏ Windstopper Camo Jacket ❏ Midweight Camo Jacket ❏ Lightweight Camo Vest ❏ Lightweight Camo Shirt (3 – 5 per week) ❏ Lightweight Camo Pants (1-2 pair per week) ❏ Midweight Camo Pants (1 pair per week) ❏ Rain Gear ❏ Blaze Orange (rifle hunts) *check Regulations in the state you are hunting ❏ Lightweight Gloves ❏ Midweight Gloves ❏ Camo Cap ❏ Camo Stocking Cap or Camo Beanie ❏ Camo Headnet ❏ Lightweight Black Shirts (if you are in a blind) ❏ Lightweight Black Jacket (if you are in a blind) ❏ Hunting Boots ❏ Socks (1 pair per day) ❏ Liner Socks (1 pair per day) ❏ Boot Grease ❏ Extra Laces ❏ Camp Shoes ❏ Stalking Shoes ❏ Knee Pads ❏ Antelope Decoy ❏ Ground Blind ❏ Folding Chair ❏ Bow Holder ❏ Day Pack ❏ Water Bottle ❏ Large Backpack ❏ Wind Direction Indicator ❏ Flashlight ❏ Headlamp ❏ Hunting Knife ❏ Multi-Tool ❏ Topo Maps or Mobile Mapping Software ❏ GPS ❏ Scent Elimination Spray ❏ Water Bladder (2L) ❏ Fire Starter Kit ❏ Game Bags ❏ Caping Salt ❏ Dry Bag ❏ Game Cart (DIY) ❏ Binoculars (Quality 8’s or 10’s) ❏ Spotting Scope ❏ Tripod ❏ Rangefinder ❏ Bino Harness ❏ Phone Skope – Mount your phone to your optics ❏ Lens Cloth and Cleaning Equipment ❏ De-fogger Rifle ❏ Rifle (appropriate size for the game you are hunting) ❏ Shells (at least one box) ❏ Scope (with rain cover) ❏ Sling ❏ Shooting Sticks ❏ Soft Rifle Case ❏ Hard Rifle Case ❏ Gun Cleaning Kit
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring